Advanced Imaging Cardiologist – Interventional and Intraoperative Echocardiography
- Long Island, New York
- Mar 15, 2023
- Position Type
Location: Good Samaritan University Hospital (GSUH) and Saint Francis Hospital & Heart Center (SFH)
We are seeking a highly trained Cardiologist to join a rapidly growing program run by St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center and primarily based at Good Samaritan University Hospital. This dynamic individual will provide procedural guidance for Structural Heart Interventions, including Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, MitraClip, and Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion. The Cardiologist will also provide intraoperative echocardiographic interpretation for open heart cases.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHSLI) is a fully integrated health system serving the communities of Long Island, NY. Comprised of 6 hospitals, 3 long term care facilities, a Home Care and Hospice agency, and a program for developmentally disabled individuals, CHSLI has over 17,000 employees and an operating budget in excess of $2B. The system serves more than three million people across Suffolk, Nassau, and Eastern Queens Counties of New York.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a collegial, patient-focused Health System with a rich history of providing great care to the communities.
80-100% Clinical responsibilities with potential allocation for research
- Cover Intraoperative TEE (cardiothoracic OR) and Intraprocedural imaging for TAVR (TTE/TEE), Watchman (TEE), and MitraClip (TEE)
- Perform diagnostic TEE exams for Cardiothoracic Surgery and Structural Heart Disease centers as requested
- Interpret diagnostic TTE exams for Cardiothoracic Surgery and Structural Heart Disease centers
- Research opportunities available for motivated individuals
- MD or DO
- US citizenship or green card
- Board Certification or eligibility in Cardiovascular Diseases and Echocardiography
- Ability to obtain New York State medical license
- Training in Structural Heart Echocardiography /procedural guidance
- Training in Cardiac CT interpretation a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, team-oriented approach
Apply for Advanced Imaging Cardiologist – Interventional and Intraoperative Echocardiography
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.