Enjoy the FL Lifestyle, America's Top Beaches – Neurohospitalist Opportunities, St. Petersburg, FL
- BayCare Medical Group
- Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Mar 06, 2023
- Position Type
BayCare Medical Group is seeking a General Neurohospitalist to provide coverage at St. Anthony’s Hospital, a 450-bed facility certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
What you can expect:
- Provide coverage for all inpatient new consults, inpatient follow ups, stroke alerts, and calls regarding those patients.
- Schedule includes approximately 15 24-hour shifts a month with very light after-hours calls.
- Coverage at one hospital.
- Collaboration with and outpatient coverage provided by BayCare Medical Group’s Neurology team of 7 Board-Certified Neurologists.
- Will have Physician Assistant support from 8am to 5pm Monday – Friday and some weekends.
- Stroke alerts to be covered by tele-stroke service in early 2023.
- Applicants should be comfortable with seeing a wide range of neurology patients and interpreting EEGs.
What you will need:
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- MD or DO
- Active/unrestricted medical license
- Ability to obtain a Florida Medical License
Who We Are:
BayCare Medical Group (BMG) is a physician-led group in the rapidly growing communities of West Central Florida and Tampa Bay. BMG is part of BayCare, a not-for-profit health care organization that’s nationally recognized by FORTUNE and Great Place to Work™ as a 2022 Best Workplaces in Health Care™ and ranked No. 30 by PEOPLE’s 100 Companies that Care 2022®. We foster a forward-thinking culture that’s revolutionizing health care.
BayCare is a leading community-owned health system in Tampa Bay. Composed of a comprehensive network of 15 not-for-profit hospitals, outpatient facilities, and services such as imaging, lab, behavioral health, urgent care, and home health care, BayCare provides expert medical care for a broad range of services throughout a patient’s lifetime.
We’re proud to serve Tampa Bay, Polk County, and the west-central Gulf Coast of Florida. We think you’ll find this area a great place not only to work, but also to live, play, and grow. We’re home to welcoming neighbors, growing and dynamic communities, outstanding schools, colleges, and universities, and dedicated team members.
There’s a Place for You Here
Golfing, fishing, boating/kayaking, shelling, biking, sunbathing, and viewing the sunset from one of America’s top beaches are just a few of the reasons why people love this area. Tampa Bay is home to many professional sports teams, discover exciting exhibits at local museums and enjoy listening to the Florida Orchestra at several local venues. Experience the excitement at local and close by amusement parks. It’s all here for you to enjoy.
Contact information: Kelli Drayton | Kelli.Drayton@baycare.org | (813) 586-8155