OB Hospitalist - Berkeley, CA
- Sutter East Bay Medical Group
- Berkeley, California
- Competitive Salary
- Mar 02, 2023
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Position Type
SEBMG is seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN to join our collaborative OB and midwifery hospitalist program at Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, CA.
This hospital is part of the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, the East Bay’s largest private nonprofit medical center. Alta Bates Hospital delivers approximately 6,000 babies from within our community annually and is a referral center for high-risk obstetrics.
Responsibilities will include delivery attendant, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical and OB delivery assists, fetal monitoring and ED coverage for OB patients. This opportunity involves working closely with an on-site midwife who is part of the team. In addition, our hospitalists work collaboratively with local obstetricians and midwives who deliver at Alta Bates. There are two hospitalists in-house 24/7 and one midwife in-house 24/7. A back-up hospitalist is also available. Full time equivalence is twelve 12.5-hour shifts per 28 days.
Our ideal candidate will have:
An active and unrestricted CA license, Current DEA license.
You will be part of a large multispecialty medical group which includes robust outpatient specialties and inpatient adult medicine and surgical hospitalist programs. Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental, and disability insurance,
- 401K- Profit Sharing Pension Plan with an employer funded Safe Harbor contribution
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Group shareholder potential
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*Benefits are prorated to full-time status and employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
* It is the policy of the Sutter East Bay Medical Group (SEBMG) to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability, or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. We promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities through a positive continuing program within our service area. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of SEBMG’s employment policies and practices.