As a part of the OptumCare network, New West Physicians is looking for a Full-time Hospitalist Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
New West Physicians, a premier multi-specialty medical group in Denver with several locations in the Denver Metro area.
Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services and outstanding patient and provider experience. Optum strives to be the partner of choice for patients, physicians, employers, health systems and health plans.
- Flexible schedule approx. 14-15 shifts per month
- Our hospitalists only see NWP patients and have access to outpatient records
- Procedures possible but not mandatory
- New West has case managers, an excellent Transitions of Care Program, Complex Case managers, and social workers to provider support so you can practice at the top of your license
- Extras shifts available for additional compensation
- Guaranteed Base with moonlighting potential for extra compensation
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability
- PTO accrual
- CME Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Physician Partnership Program
- M.D. or D.O.
- Completed an accredited residency in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Board certified IM/FM or Board Eligible for Medical Residents
- Active Colorado Medical License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $268,290 to $355,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Physician Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.