Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist, collaborative culture and teaching opportunities
- 100% outpatient clinic with culture of collaboration, support, and patient-centered care
- Supervise medical students and general psychiatry residents. May have the opportunity to participate in research and other scholarly activity.
- Creative thinking and collaboration of services within the academic health center and community organizations will be a crucial component of the role.
- Standard clinic outpatient schedule with equitable shared call coverage.
- Academic rank and track are flexible depending on the experience and expertise of the candidate.
- Board eligible/Board certified in ABMS Psychiatry residency program
- Indiana state medical license, or ability to obtain
About IU School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry: faculty and staff deliver the most advanced psychiatric treatment available in Indiana through the integration of the three Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) missions of excellence in patient care, education, and research. Our mission is to be a destination site for training the next generation of leaders in psychiatry, furthering neuroscience discovery, and pioneering new approaches to the translation of these discoveries to the treatment of neurobehavioral disorders.
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional healthcare leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and preeminence. Part of the IU Health Adult Academic Health Center, it is currently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the state of Indiana, with five adult specialties and ten procedures rated as high performing.
With 1,000 beds, IU Health Methodist Hospital is a large tertiary referral center with over 130 ICU beds. It serves as the largest trauma center in Indianapolis, as well as a highly subspecialized center for cardiovascular surgery, thoracic surgery, neurosurgery, lung transplantation, and neurocritical care.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute, which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit
- Named to Beckers Hospital Review's 100 Great Hospitals in America in 2020
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day
Apply for Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist, collaborative culture and teaching opportunities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.