Cardiologist (general) Non-interventional
Northeast Medical Group Cardiology
Cardiologist Physician, Waterford, CT
Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) was established with the goal of integrating physicians across Yale New Haven Health System in a single group practice that offers enhanced collaboration, improved clinical quality and better practice management resources. Since 2010, community and hospital-based physicians and mid-level practitioners have benefited from our affiliation with the region's five leading hospitals: Bridgeport, Greenwich, Yale New Haven, Lawrence and Memorial, New London and Westerly. Our commitment to them is to provide excellence in service with compassion and sensitivity to their needs and the patients they serve. NEMG enjoys clinical partnerships and has over 1000 practitioners on our medical staff.
We are seeking BC/BE Cardiology Physician to join an established inpatient and outpatient practice in Waterford, CT.
Our opportunities provide the following:
- Flexible schedule to ensure work/life balance
- Leadership opportunities
- Academic opportunities
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
- Full suite of practice management services that allow physicians to focus on patient care
- Employment model with competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
- Located in the beautiful New England setting of New London County, the area is on the southeastern corner of Connecticut, which boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to New York City and Boston with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, beautiful beaches and restaurants.
- 1. Examines patients, obtains medical histories and treats acute and chronic illnesses
- 2. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests
- 3. Involves patients and their families in care and treatment decisions
- 4. Creates treatment plans and completes orders in patient's charts
- 5. Collaborates on improvements in care delivery and service with staff, other physicians and management
- 6. Initiates appropriate specialty referrals
- 7. Provides clinical information to the interdisciplinary team in a clear and timely manner
- 8. Ensures that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete
- 9. Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding and CPT code assignment
- 10. Achieves and maintains optimal patient access
- 11. Provides interdepartmental medical consultation as requested
- 12. Participates in the development of medical protocols, standard procedures and management of patient-care-related activities
- 13. Provides on-call coverage
- 14. Gives feedback to and accepts feedback from all staff in respectful manner
- 15. Acts in a positive and professional manner, complying with practice policies, procedures and federal and state laws
- 16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned 16 .1 Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals 16 .2 Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources 16 .3 Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in the medical staff activities , serving on various committees and suggesting and supporting process improvements 16 .4 Advises the Chief Medical Officer of any problems that can affect the efficiency of the organization
(number of years and type required to perform the position duties): Degree of MD or DO with ABIM-recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) or ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum) and three year Cardiology fellowship
Valid American Board certification in either internal medicine or family medicine and renewed (if needed) prior to expiration Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license BLS certification Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress. Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals .
For more information please contact in-house Physician Recruiter, Natasha Rotella at email@example.com or 203-502-6515
YNHHS Requisition ID
Apply for Cardiologist (general) Non-interventional
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.