Nurse Practitioner (NP) / Physicians Assistant (PA) - Urology Brooklyn, NY
- New York Health
- Brooklyn, New York
- Jan 20, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner
- Position Type
NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP)/PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA) - Urology
Brooklyn, NY [St. Felix Street & Remsen Street]
New York Health (NYHealth) is the premier center for primary and specialty care services. Our network of outstanding physicians specializes in family medicine, internal medicine, physical therapy, nephrology, neurology, rheumatology, surgery, and urology. At NY Health, we are dedicated to healthcare excellence and provide highly professional, sensitive, and personalized care. We continuously strive to keep care close to home for patients and their families. Our offices are conveniently located throughout the region with locations across Long Island and Manhattan to serve you better. We deliver the best medical care possible with your well-being in mind. At NY Health, all of our patients are family.
In this role, you will:
- Provide Urology care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to Urology patients.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care for individual patients.
- Initiate and document appropriate interventions; evaluate and record patient/family response within practice protocol; prescribe drug therapies per protocol/Physician consultation.
- Assist physicians and perform procedure as needed; conduct patient assessments.
- Administration of IV, and oral medications, vascular access device maintenance and monitoring, chemotherapy/immunotherapy administration, blood administration, therapeutic phlebotomy, assessment of patient symptoms and the management of side effects, and over all collaboration on patient treatment plans
- Mixing and administration of chemotherapy drugs.
- Assess patient/family needs and provides education.
- Promote wellness and recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Complete patient charges.
- Provide case management for Urology clients and their families.
- Supervise the activities of clinical nursing and support staff.
- Mentor new mid-level providers.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education and successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program or PA from an accredited program
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- Current state licensure as Nurse Practitioner/Physician assistant
- Practical experience by working in Urology preferred
- Stable - traditional, stable, strong processes
Salary up to $180,000/year based on experience. Plus bonus.
Benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance on day 1 of employment, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long term disability, 401k Plan, generous PTO time, 8 paid holidays (2 floating), and more.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant, for immediate consideration, please e-mail CV to our corporate headquarters:
Chief People Operations Officer
New York Health
1 Research Road, Ridge, NY 11961
Fax - (631) 675 5066
Visit our website at: nyhealth.com and follow us on Facebook.
New York Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.