Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Medical Director
The Medical Director of the Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Program will have the ability, experience and personal qualities as a physician, investigator, and teacher to lead the program to become one of the top programs in the Region as measured by its quality of care, reputation, and patient experience. The Medical Director of the Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant program will build, maintain, and continually improve an outstanding clinical program for the care of leukemia and related conditions. The Medical Director will lead the development of a comprehensive stem cell transplant program. The Medical Director will also serve as Faculty to the Hematology / Oncology fellowship program and will support clinical research.
A dedicated team of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurses and other clinicians treat acute leukemia and related conditions today. The Director will partner with this team and other disciplines to optimize and grow clinical services. The Director will also lead the Stem Cell Transplant team, which includes BMT Clinical Manager, Advance Practice Providers, Nurse Navigators, Pharmacist, Social Work, and Transplant Coordinator.
STATUS: Full Time
FTE: 0.2 Administrative, 0.8 Clinical
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital (RGH)
- An MD or equivalent degree with at least 5 years post-fellowship clinical experience in leukemia, malignant hematology, and stem cell transplant
- Eligibility for New York licensure as a medical doctor.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine and Hematology/Oncology
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Experience and expertise in research clinical trials.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing integrated delivery systems.
- Salary guarantee + Sign On Bonus
- Paid malpractice with full coverage
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan, 403(b), 457(b)
- Fully covered relocation services provided
- Multiple health insurance plans to choose from
LIPSON CANCER INSTITUTE:
- Treats over 4,500 new cancer and blood disorder patients each year
- Growing malignant hematology service with a dedicated team of physicians, APPs, nurses, and pharmacist
- Enrolls over 275 patients a year in clinical trials
- Teaching site committed to Medical Education students and other trainees, including a Hematology/Oncology fellowship
- Provides clinical leadership and services to the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, the oldest free standing Hemophilia Treatment Center in the US
- First and only intraoperative radiation therapy program in Western New York
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program since 1980, the longest accredited program in the region
SANDS CONSTELLATION CENTER FOR CRITICAL CARE:
Rochester General Hospital opened the Sands Constellation Center for Critical Care in September 2020. The new 7-story building will feature 23 new operating rooms, 108 private acuity-adaptable inpatient rooms, 20 private post-partum rooms, and 14 special care nursery rooms. The new building houses a new oncology inpatient floor with 36 private patient rooms. The new inpatient floor provides an unique opportunity to optimize care for acute leukemia patients and develop a comprehensive stem cell transplant program.
Jessica Yaeger, Sourcing Strategist - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Vavrick, Physician Recruiter - email@example.com
EDUCATION MD; DO
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly; requires occasional walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Physician - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply for Malignant Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.