Chief, Ambulatory and Community Services
Memorial Healthcare System, a leading 1,900-bed healthcare system located in South Florida, is seeking an innovative and experienced Chief of Ambulatory and Community Service to oversee and lead a group of employed physicians and advanced providers with different practice locations. The Chief will lead and practice according to shared values, such as respect, trust, collaboration, and commitment to clinical excellence. The incumbent is responsible for providing professional guidance and oversight to physicians and mid-level providers to achieve excellence in care delivery and a superior patient experience, promoting value-based, comprehensive care. Candidates are required to have worked in a Medicare Advantage or Risk Practice and be a board-certified physician.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations include:
- Works with the Administrative Director dyad partner to ensure high engagement among the team and a supportive work environment.
- Actively supports and promotes the mission and strategic goals of the organization.
- Collaborates with employed and community physician manager/director(s) to ensure high-quality, patient-centered, and cost-effective value base workflow processes.
- Promotes and supports changes to improve quality metrics, patient experience, and patient safety.
- Promotes and supports initiatives to support population health and value base care.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to all physicians/providers, including quality concerns, patient complaints, quality, and patient experience scores.
- Assists in communicating and implementing organizational policies and goals, supporting the implementation of system strategies and initiatives.
- Assists in identifying needs, and recruiting, developing, and retaining talented staff members (physicians, advanced practice providers, and other professional disciplines).
- Promotes the use of technology including, but not limited to, electronic health records, e-prescribing, the web, mobile phones, e-mail, voice messaging, telehealth, virtual health, and remote patient monitoring.
This is a full-time employed position with the multispecialty Memorial Physician Group. The position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience. Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered under sovereign immunity. Provider may be eligible for National Health Service Corps (NHSC) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) programs.
About Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the United States. A national leader in quality care and patient satisfaction, Memorial has ranked 11 times since 2008 on nationally recognized lists of great places to work – in Modern Healthcare magazine, Florida Trend magazine, and Becker’s Hospital Review, just to name a few.
Memorial’s facilities include its flagship, Memorial Regional Hospital, one of the largest in Florida; Memorial Regional Hospital South; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the only freestanding children's hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties; Memorial Hospital West; Memorial Hospital Miramar; Memorial Hospital Pembroke; and Memorial Manor, a US News five-star-rated nursing home.
Memorial’s work environment has been rated by employees and physicians alike as an open-door, inclusive culture that is committed to safety, transparency and, above all, outstanding service to patients and families.
About South Florida
South Florida offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities, miles of beautiful beaches, top-rated golf courses, zoos and wildlife refuges, a vibrant arts community, museums, and world-class dining. South Florida’s high quality of life – including year-round summer weather, exciting multiculturalism, and no state income tax – attracts new residents from all over the country and around the world.