Director - Geriatrics
- Portland, Maine
- Jan 06, 2023
- Chiefs / Directors / Dept. Heads
- Position Type
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Director – Geriatrics to plan and lead the operations of the Geriatrics Division, which includes Geriatrics, Geriatric Assessment Clinic, Maine Medical Partners Geriatrics practice in the Southern Maine region, working collaboratively with the Geriatrics Division Director and with other leaders across the MaineHealth system. Oversees relationship management with host sites, process improvement, budgeting, financial management, and regulatory compliance. Reports to the Vice President of Adult Medicine Service Line.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of healthcare management at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Master's degree in Health management, Public Health, Business Administration, or related field.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Five years in healthcare administrative management in progressively more complex roles.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of organization, financial administration, operational analysis, and personnel administration. Ability to analyze a variety of administrative problems; determine solutions and effectively implement necessary changes.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and negotiate effectively with a wide variety of hospital personnel and outside agencies. Models respectful and clear communication, customer relations, and conflict resolution skills.
- A high level of analytical skills necessary to develop and implement new and complex systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to facilitate and support group discussions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times with frequent interruptions.
- Clinical background in Geriatrics is an asset in this role.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together, so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis, and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at: mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits is competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever-changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring, and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.