FULL PROFESSOR AND HEAD PHYSICIAN OF MEDICAL GENETICS (GEN) SERVICE
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition, and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Starting date: to be agreed
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Service's consultations are intended for people who have or may have a genetic disease or a genetic predisposition to a rare or common disease. They serve to establish a precise diagnosis through a clinical examination and laboratory analyses. This evaluation is essential to inform appropriate medical management or personalized prevention. In addition to clinical, diagnostic, and teaching activities, different types of research exist: in basic research (molecular basis of genetic diseases and pathogenic mechanisms), in clinical research (establishing new metabolic or drug therapies) and in applied research (use of genetic diagnosis in routine medicine to ensure that clinical and molecular diagnosis translates into a real benefit for the patient and his family).
- Lead, organize, and ensure the development of all activities typical of a Clinical Service in a teaching hospital.
- Ensure and reinforce the expertise and safety of clinical missions/services while developing inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the CHUV’s strategic plan; ensure the supervision of the genetics laboratories and the maintenance of expertise in FAMH training.
- Conduct and develop high-level clinical and academic research missions, financed by external funds and published in quality scientific journals, including its own research.
- Ensure and guarantee the missions of pre-graduate training (according to the needs of the FBM), post-graduate training (ISFM training center cat. A1) and continuing education, in the field of the discipline, by assuming the function of discipline leader and by participating in it.
- Consolidate the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally.
- Federal medical degree (or Mebeko recognition required), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialist title (or Mebeko recognition required) in medical genetics
- Extensive clinical experience in the field of medical/human genetics
- Widely recognized (or certified) managerial skills in leading a large/multi-site team and relevant project management experience
- Developed social skills and a unifying, communicative, proactive personality with a strong emphasis on cross-functional collaborations.
- Academic knowledge of professorial rank with confirmed practice in pre- and postgraduate teaching
- Ability to set up clinical research programs that can be supported by external expert funding
- Good knowledge of French (LM or C1 ideal, minimum B2 with ability to acquire it quickly).
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card.
They should be submitted online by March 30th, 2023 (23:59 GMT+1) to: wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link (or QR code).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse, and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite