Dental Hygienist- South Brooklyn Health - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health (formerly Coney Island Hospital), located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are seeking a full time Dental Hygienist to join our team at Coney Island Hospital
- Prepare patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming and introducing oneself.
- Patient screening such as assessment of oral health conditions, review medical history, taking blood pressure and pulse, oral cancer screening, PSR, and dental charting of existing conditions.
- Expose appropriate dental radiographs.
- Complete dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and beneath gum margins.
- Apply preventative materials to teeth (sealants, fluoride).
- Perio-charting, scaling & root planning, and are set in placement procedures for patients with periodontal disease.
- Administer local anesthesia.
- Educate patients by giving oral hygiene instructions and post- operative instructions and Distribute appropriate patient education literature.
- Document oral hygiene services in the EDR, post transactions and enter treatment plan in office management software.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education courses and reviewing professional publications.
- Schedule the next available appropriate appointment for each patient
- Completion of an approved program in Dental Hygiene
- Active NYS Dental Hygienist License
- Active BLS and Anesthesia Certification
- Experience treating a diverse and under-served patient population preferred
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Dental Hygienist- South Brooklyn Health - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.