Transplant Surgeon - Kidney and Pancreas
- Seeking primary Pancreas lead for the team
- 50/50 split between General Surgery and Transplant Surgery duties
- 1:5 shared call schedule
- Highly collegial team with a strong service mentality
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in adult kidney and pancreas transplant surgery required
- Must be board-certified in General Surgery and fellowship trained in an ASTS-approved transplant fellowship
- Must be willing to perform general surgery, some laparoscopic procedures, as well as organ recovery services with the local OPO
- Ties to Hawaii and long-term commitment to the community preferred
Where You'll Work
At the foot of Punchbowl Crater in downtown Honolulu, The Queen's Medical Center is the largest private nonprofit hospital in Hawai'i. Founded in 1859, this 575-bed Magnet-recognized medical center has a dedicated residency training program, is a major specialty referral center and is home to the state's only organ transplant program. Queen's Medical is a Level I Trauma Center, with a legacy of providing compassionate care to residents and visitors alike.
Where You'll Live
As Hawai'i's cosmopolitan capital city, Honolulu is home to historic landmarks, an innovative food scene and the famous Waikiki Beach. Located on O'ahu, Hawai'i's third-largest island, Honolulu stretches across the island's southeastern shores and is a tourist favorite, thanks to its natural, scenic beauty and easy access to waterfalls and hiking trails. Waikiki is known for its world-class shopping, exciting nightlife and cultural centers, making Honolulu a great place to live and work.
Who You'll Work For
The Queen's Health Systems is a nonprofit healthcare organization with a network of facilities that serve Hawai'i and the Pacific Basin. As Hawai'i's leading healthcare establishment, the statewide network has more than 8,000 employees and more than 1,500 affiliated physicians and providers. Its mission is to provide quality healthcare services to improve the well-being of Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawai'i.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 19180
Apply for Transplant Surgeon - Kidney and Pancreas
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.