Director of Outpatient Psychiatry - North Central Bronx, Bronx NY - Full Time
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx is a modern, state-of-the-art community hospital located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a North Bronx Healthcare Network hospital affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center and a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. It offers a full continuum of acute care inpatient and outpatient services in diverse Medical and Surgical specialties, including Psychiatry. The NCBH Department of Psychiatry has 70 Adult and Geriatric Acute Inpatient Beds, a Partial Hospital Program, Psychiatric Emergency Services, Consultation-Liaison Service, an Adult Ambulatory Practice, and a community-based Assertive Community Treatment Program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community. It handles more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center .
Department of Psychiatry Outpatient Services has an opening for Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health.
We are seeking an outstanding psychiatrist with clinical leadership, teaching experience and skills. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for additional paid sessional work, with no mandatory on-call requirement.
The OPD Director supports the Behavioral Health Service Chair and/or designee in all operations of the BHS OPD Services. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing ambulatory operations supporting the Service strategic plan under the direction of the Chairman/Vice Chairman/Site Director and the hospital administration with regard to missions, direction and priorities.
- Supporting the Department strategic plan by leading and directing:
- Operations to maintain clinical standards of care per OMH, Joint Commission and Health and Hospital guidelines,
- Ensure a high level of performance of each ambulatory provider for efficient and effective patient care,
- Maximize patient access, flow and satisfaction,
- Maximize teamwork,
- Implement CMS, OMH, HHC, JMC and Department programs and initiatives,
- Encourage and develop initiatives aligning with the strategic plan, and
- Adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with
- The BHS service line manager, BHS nursing leadership, and ancillary services leadership to provide optimal patient centered care,
- Internal and external inpatient and outpatient medical entities to facilitate comprehensive and continuous care of patients, and
- Transformation/leadership activities for performance improvement.
- Ambulatory attending development
- Attending performance to meet industry benchmarks in quality, productivity and patient centered care,
- Attending involvement in compliance and quality improvement, and performance improvement
- Provider performance to meet industry benchmarks in quality, productivity and patient centered care, patient care quality, access, transitions and flow,
- Patient satisfaction,
- Integrated care across all disciplines,
- Risk reduction,
- Financial viability, and
- Innovative program development
- Helping the Service embrace a patient centered culture of safety and accountability.
- Supporting the academic missions of the Department in education and research.
- Representing the interests of the Service while collaborating with all departments.
- Special projects as identified
- Development and maintenance of proficiency in clinical medicine, education and administration (resource management, healthcare policy, personnel management and development) is expected.
Lastly, the duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change as determined by the needs of the organization and the department
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills
- Salary: $271,000
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Director of Outpatient Psychiatry - North Central Bronx, Bronx NY - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.