Medical Director- Adult Psychiatry
Seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services and administrative support to the inpatient acute care unit. In addition, this position would have oversight of our adult partial hospitalization program - as well as oversight of the psychiatric consult program in the emergency department. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be in a leadership role to support the operational & programmatic development of this important service.
Position Requirements :
- Current license to practice in Maryland at the time of hire.
- Board certification in adult psychiatry and active DEA license
- Minimum of 8 years in the management and direction of clinical programs for the child and adolescent population.
- Experience working with an electronic medical record system - EPIC preferred.
- Ability to meet all deadlines, respond promptly and professionally to organizational and clinical issues and manage multiple priorities
Service expansion plans include Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in TidalHealth's behavioral health outpatient clinic.
The unit is located on Peninsula Regional's beautiful hospital campus and is part of a robust and growing service line encompassing child and adolescent inpatient services, partial hospitalization services, 2 outpatient behavioral health clinics, and 24/7 behavioral health services in the emergency department and dedicated Crisis Center.
- Practicing medicine with TidalHealth provides an extraordinary work-life balance.
- Professionally managed group that promotes low stress, and where providers enjoy a familial sense of collegiality.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system (EPIC) that allows flexibility in patient management.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Emerging GME programs in Internal Medicine and Geneal Surgery
Our providers enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods with a low, coastal cost of living. The choices for recreational activities are endless from boating, wakeboarding, golfing, biking, or just relaxing by the river or ocean with a good book. Salisbury is home to the Delmarva Shorebirds, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles. Kids can enjoy a stroll around the boardwalk that frames the field in hopes of catching a foul ball.
The beautiful Wicomico River winds through downtown Salisbury offering relaxing outdoor dining and picturesque festivals. The surrounding beach areas host events with nationally acclaimed musicians throughout the summer. Summer is when our region shines. From local seafood to farm fresh produce there is so much deliciousness to be devoured here. From our quaint down towns to waterfront fine dining there is something for everyone. Come and explore for yourself!
TidalHealth is also proud to be an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network (JHCRN), a group of academic and community-based clinical researchers designed to provide new opportunities for research collaborations.
Apply for Medical Director- Adult Psychiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.