Palliative Care Specialist
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Associate Director, Palliative Care is responsible for managing clinical staff and providing day-to-day oversight and administration all medical and professional services provided by the palliative/transitional care medical program. The incumbent in this role will ensure the Market(s) achieve its clinical performance goals by maintaining effective lines of communication with the medical, nursing, social work and management staffs. The employee will coordinate the development, implementation and the evaluation of standard of patient care. The Associate Director, Palliative Care demonstrates the ability to develop staff through teaching and mentoring and to plan, direct, supervise and coordinate a diverse work team to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization. He/She works closely with the Medical Director to set the cultural tone and to establish highly professional and dedicated teams of palliative care clinicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates care with primary care providers (PCPs) and builds working relationships with PCPs, Physician Specialists and other clinicians in the Chen Neighborhood Medical Center Network;
- Supervises advanced practice clinicians (APC) providing palliative care services. Supervision duties Includes phone/technical support, chart review and in-person oversight consistent with patient needs;
- Attains clinical performance goals consistent with high-quality palliative medicine, including symptom management, documentation of advanced care planning and appropriate care transitions;
- Supports palliative care programs in other ChenMed/JenCare Markets. Oversees and supports Chen Neighborhood Medical Center centralized patient care coordination teams and business development, quality assurance and quality improvement efforts;
- Participates in transitional care team weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, providing clinical, cultural, and educational counsel to the team;
- Supports professional development and education efforts for a growing transitional care team (NP, RN, CM) including staff supervising, training and mentoring/coaching. Implements performance improvement plans for team members as needed;
- Coordinates care with patients’ team of physicians and providers, aligning plans of care across a variety of specialists and settings.;
- Assists with education and outreach efforts to Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) and Physician Specialists;
- Assists the corporate clinical leadership team with development and implementation of new policies and processes;
- Performs other related duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superb patient care and empathy skills and the ability to use a variety of medical and diagnostic equipment;
- Must have excellent leadership and verbal and written communication skills;
- A detail-oriented, critical thinker with physical stamina and the ability to pay close attention to detail is required;
- Knowledge of medical software;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; must be detail-oriented; ability to multi-task;
- Fluent in English;
- Position requires 10-20% local, regional and national travel;
- This position requires use of independent judgment.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Doctorate degree in Medicine (MD or DO) in Internal Medicine;
- 1-3 years of post-residency work experience in a Hospital, Clinic or Private Practice setting required;
- Current and active license to practice medicine in State of employment;
- Board certified by American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and/or Palliative Care required;
- Experience caring for chronically ill patients during different transitions of care primarily in the patient’s home, but could also include, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and In-patient Care environments.
Apply for Palliative Care Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.