Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth demonstrates accountability for outcomes, strong clinical care and cost-effectiveness for each patient in their panel of up to 550 patients. The incumbent in this role understands their ability to strongly influence the patient’s outcomes by building a trusting relationship and helping them change behaviors. He/She serves as a health coach, rather than just a consultant for sickness, by helping patients set short and long-term health goals. The PCP, IntuneHealth partners with the patient to work toward the goals and frequently follows up on those goals on the path to improved health for their patients. This incumbent simplifies and prioritizes appropriately so that behavior change is more actionable, both for the patient in helping them achieve their goals, and when leading their care teams towards their performance goals.
“IntuneHealth is for Medicare Advantage seniors seeking PCP-led, high-quality care when and where they need it. Grounded in ChenMed’s proven care delivery model, IntuneHealth will revolutionize the way seniors experience healthcare by delivering digital-first, seamless care to seniors on their terms.”
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently provides care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses encountered in the older adult patient.
- Takes full accountability for patient care and outcomes and appropriately seeks consultation from specialists when needed. Stays involved in, and is responsible for, the detailed care of the patient.
- Works closely with the applicable managers and medical directors to ensure compliance with guidelines. Participates in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings that promote patient health and company goals as required.
- Engages with the hospitalist whenever one of their patients is in the hospital.
- Assesses, diagnoses, documents, treats, manages, educates, promotes and coordinates care for patients with acute and complex chronic health needs.
- Adheres to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance and policies and procedures.
- Leads a care team consisting of multiple care roles to deliver VIP patient care and work towards targets and metrics.
- Delivers the same patient care experience through all mediums: in-center visitation, in-home paramedic facilitated visitation and telehealth.
- Participates in the management of the center. Helps cover for other providers in their absence. Actively participate in recruiting patients for the center and additional providers for the company.
- Champions a positive culture of love, accountability and passion along with center leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional business acumen and acuity
- Expert knowledge and understanding of general physician/provider patient care functions, practices, processes, procedures, techniques and methods
- Ability and willingness to be available and accessible for patients to build trust. Expected to be open and available for walk-in visits and after-hours phone calls and messages
- Exhibits an orientation towards service. Provides care that they would want for a family member or for themselves to each patient at every interaction.
- Stays current on evidence-based medicine, clinical, nutritional, and lifestyle-based interventions to improve outcomes. Recognizes that factors outside of traditional medicine, like lifestyle and nutrition have a large impact on patient health outcomes
- Ability and willingness to continuously work to develop and improve leadership skills for the benefit of one’s patients, their team, their center and the company
- Ability and willingness to work with the care teams towards achieving high quality outcomes and quality measures
- Stays current with best practices for improving their practice of medicine and the operations of their center
- Ability to influence their patients, their teams, and themselves to achieve the best outcomes competently and compassionately
- Strong self-care: A PCP can take the best care for their patients when they are adequately caring for themselves. That means physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. Physician wellness is important for sustainability and promoting the health of physicians, staff, and patients
- Demonstrates the ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally within are, regionally and nationwide as needed up to 20% of the time; flexible to work after hours or weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- MD or DO in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty required
- Must be able to obtain a State Medical License or already have a current, active State Medical License for the state(s) in which he/she will be working
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty is preferred. Board Eligibility is required
- Once Board certified, PCP will maintain board certification in their specialty by doing necessary MOC, CME and/or retaking board exams as required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled substances
Apply for Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.