We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Podiatrist is responsible for providing preventative care, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of problems affecting the feet, ankle and lower legs. Their specialist skills focus on tending infections, ailments, defects and injuries of the foot and lower leg, as well as treating foot and nail conditions related to major health disorders.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats bone, muscle, and joint disorders affecting the feet.
- Performs minor surgery in the office: partial nail avulsion, local abscess incision and drainage, simple aspirations of cysts.
- Educates the public about the benefits of foot care through techniques such as speaking engagements, advertising, and other forums.
- Performs administrative duties such as hiring employees, ordering supplies, and keeping records.
- Advises patients about treatments and foot care techniques necessary for prevention of future problems.
- Corrects deformities by means of plaster casts and strapping.
- Diagnoses diseases and deformities of the foot using medical histories, physical examinations, x-rays, and laboratory test results.
- Makes and fits prosthetic appliances.
- Prescribes medications, corrective devices, physical therapy, or surgery.
- Refers patients to physicians when symptoms indicative of systemic disorders, such as arthritis or diabetes, are observed in feet and legs.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Fluent in English.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree of Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM).
- Graduated from an accredited college of podiatry and licensed in the state of practice.
- Complete a three (2) year residency program.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
Apply for Podiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.