Permanent Academic General Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Excellent patient care is the common goal that anchors our mission. The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at UMass Chan Medical School and UMass Memorial Health is one of the largest clinical departments in the health care system with more than 160 clinical providers. Our team serves a diverse patient population across seven distinct areas of care, including three hospitals, two ambulatory surgery centers and two freestanding endoscopy centers. The Department provides patient care with our anesthesia care team model serving more than 60 anesthetizing locations performing more than 60,000 anesthetics annually. Our clinical work spans the full spectrum from high complexity tertiary and quaternary care services to community and ambulatory anesthesia care.
- The ideal candidate would have an interest in academic medicine, education, and a clinical skill set that is translatable across a broad clinical platform. Interest in participating in trauma or obstetrics call is attractive.
- We deliver a full range of clinical services at our University Campus including General Surgery, Trauma, Transplant, Heart- and Vascular Surgery as well as Non-OR Anesthesia, in addition to the full range of critical care services.
- Our Team is staffing up to 25 anesthetizing locations every day at this campus and a total of 70 sites across the Health Care System.
- Teaching is integrated into our practice and an academic appointment is available commensurate with experience. Our clinical platform is the basis for a fully integrated Residency program with 8 Residents per class and two GME approved Critical Care Fellowship positions.
- Experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered. Mentorship is available to new graduates. The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine strives to provide professional mentorship and personal support.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMass Chan and UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Interested candidates, please contact:
Please reference position ID 167767 when responding.
Apply for Permanent Academic General Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.