Permanent Cardiac Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Excellent patient care is the common goal that anchors our mission. The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at UMass Chan Medical School and UMass Memorial Health is one of the largest clinical departments in the health care system with more than 160 clinical providers. Our team serves a diverse patient population across seven distinct areas of care, including three hospitals, two ambulatory surgery centers and two freestanding endoscopy centers. The Department provides patient care with our anesthesia care team model serving more than 60 anesthetizing locations performing more than 60,000 anesthetics annually. Our clinical work spans the full spectrum from high complexity tertiary and quaternary care services to community and ambulatory anesthesia care.
- The newly hired physician will enjoy participating in patient care in our growing heart and vascular anesthesia service. Our Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence is providing state of the art patient care in the areas of interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, open heart surgery (STS three-star rating), and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- The UMass Heart and Vascular Center offers a Mechanical Circulatory Assist Program, including destination VAD therapy. The Center for Complex Aortic Disease is a nationwide leader in the repair of complex aortic aneurysms involving the aorta, renal and visceral arteries. The center is one of a few centers in the U.S. that has access to custom-made endografts and is a clinical trial site for physician-modified endovascular grafts.
- Teaching is integrated into our practice and an academic appointment is available commensurate with experience. Our clinical platform is the basis for a fully integrated Residency program with 8 Residents per class and two GME approved Critical Care Fellowship positions.
- Experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered. Mentorship is available to new graduates. The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine strives to provide professional mentorship and personal support.
- Candidates must be Board Certified/Eligible in Anesthesiology with a fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia. An additional Fellowship in Critical Care is a plus.
- UMass Memorial Health is a not for profit organization. This position may support if applicable both a J1 visa waiver and H1-B visa.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMass Chan and UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Interested candidates, please contact:
Please reference Position ID 167993 when responding.
Apply for Permanent Cardiac Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.