Permanent Liver Transplant Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Excellent patient care is the common goal that anchors our mission. The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at UMass Chan Medical School and UMass Memorial Health is one of the largest clinical departments in the health care system with more than 160 clinical providers. Our team serves a diverse patient population across seven distinct areas of care, including three hospitals, two ambulatory surgery centers and two freestanding endoscopy centers. The Department provides patient care with our anesthesia care team model serving more than 60 anesthetizing locations performing more than 60,000 anesthetics annually. Our clinical work spans the full spectrum from high complexity tertiary and quaternary care services to community and ambulatory anesthesia care.
- The newly hired physician will enjoy close collaboration with the Chief of Transplant Anesthesiology to enhance the educational experience of residents on the rotation, develop new clinical protocols, and foster research productivity. Resources include a state-of-the-art simulation center and research nurse and coordinator support. Leadership development and other personal advancement initiatives will be encouraged and supported.
- The ideal candidate will have a robust clinical experience in liver transplant anesthesia and demonstrated achievements in clinical, educational and/or research innovation.
- UMass Memorial Health is one of the busiest transplant centers in the region. In 2020, the transplant service performed more than 80 liver transplants, over 40 kidney transplants, as well as kidney-pancreas transplants.
- The abdominal transplant program at UMass Memorial Health is among the best regarded in the country and has excellent outcomes. It is specifically renown for live donor liver transplantation with minimally invasive organ harvest.
- Teaching is integrated into our practice and an academic appointment is available commensurate with experience. Our clinical platform is the basis for a fully integrated Residency program with 8 Residents per class and two GME approved Critical Care Fellowship positions.
- Experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered. Mentorship is available to new graduates. The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine strives to provide professional mentorship and personal support.
- UMass Memorial Health is a not for profit organization. This position may support if applicable both a J1 visa waiver and H1-B visa.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMass Chan and UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Interested candidates, please contact:
Apply for Permanent Liver Transplant Anesthesiology (ANES) Physician Job in Worcester, Massachusetts (MA)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.