Medical Oncologists - City of Hope in Southern California
City of Hope Medical Oncology Opportunities
The Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research at City of Hope is recognized for its clinical and academic excellence. Our world-renowned medical oncologists conduct innovative research to further scientific knowledge and offer patients their best clinical options.
City of Hope is an ever-expanding organization committed to bringing compassionate care to patients across Southern California.
We have several opportunities to join the Department of Medical Oncology in our clinical network.
These positions feature the following:
- Primarily clinical positions working out of an outpatient clinic location, with a multispecialty care team
- Potential for incentive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Advanced fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology
- Board-certified or eligible in Medical Oncology
- Must have or be eligible to obtain California Medical Licensure
We have opportunities at our Southern CA clinics located in:
Duarte (main campus):
- Associate/Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Assistant Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Assistant Level Breast Medical Oncologist
- Assistant Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Gyn & Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Assistant Level Gyn/Breast Medical Oncologist
- Assistant Professor Level Physician | Clinical Cancer Genomics 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Clinical Cancer Genomics
- Associate-Professor Level Physician | Thoracic Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Assistant/Associate Professor Level Physician | Neurological Medical Oncologist 70-90% clinical effort
- Associate/Professor Level Physician | Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist 60-80% clinical effort
- Assistant Level Physician | Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist 60-80% clinical effort
- Physician-Leader | Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist - Irvine
Our Network Sites:
- Antelope Valley | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort:
- Corona | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Apply here: Physician | Medical Oncology | Corona, CA
- Long Beach | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Apply here: Physician | Medical Oncology | Long Beach, CA
- Santa Clarita | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Apply here: Physician | Medical Oncology | Santa Clarita, CA
- Thousand Oaks/ Simi Valley | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort:
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research, and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 37 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures.
Our City of Hope community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers, and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives, and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California:
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo, and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters