Per Diem Family Medicine Physician , Optum - Upland, CA
Optum - the largest employer of Providers in the US, is currently seeking a full-time Per Diem Physician join our team. We have developed a reputation for providing quality, compassionate care to communities in the Inland Empire and surrounding area.
The Per Diem Physician is responsible for the day-to-day clinical care of patients. The Physician manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions.
- Treat patients of all ages for injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, or necessary outpatient procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record.
- Provide care to patients at various Optum locations on an as-needed basis
- Active and unrestricted Physician license in California
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Current DEA certificate required
- 1 or more years of practice experience
- Ability to travel to different Optum locations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Per Diem Family Medicine Physician , Optum - Upland, CA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.