Patient Experience OT
The Occupational Therapist will implement the “CAPABLE Program” after completion of required training through Johns Hopkins University of Nursing CAPABLE training.
The OT will assess and implement strategies at people's homes who have agreed to participate in CAPABLE.
The CAPABLE program consists of up to six occupational therapy contacts with program participants. The OT meets with participants in the person's home.
The OT uses the training and Motivational Interviewing techniques to conduct a semi-structured clinical interview to identify and prioritize problem areas.
The OT captures the goals of the participant in up to 3 Action Plans and creates a Work Order for the Handy Worker.
The OT interacts and communicates with the CAPABLE RN and other team members as needed.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Variable (St. Lawrence Health)
DEPARTMENT: Patient Experience
SCHEDULE: Variable Hour
- Education Requirements:
Required: Graduate of an accredited program, BA O.T..
Preferred: MA O.T.
- Licensure/Certification Registration Requirements:
- active and clear NYS OT license or limited permit following NYS Practice Act guidelines.
- BLS (current or scheduled)
- Encourage the participant to identify the key target areas he/she wishes to address, and engage the participant in problem-solving to identify behavioral and environmental contributors to performance difficulties in subsequent sessions.
- Discuss with the participant and observe his/her functional performance for safety, efficiency, and difficulty and assess the presence of environmental barriers for each targeted area.
- Develop a prioritized work order to include home modifications, repairs, and necessary items that will help the participants meet their goals. This includes communicating with the handy worker.
- Reinforce strategy use, and review problem-solving, refined strategy use, and provide education and resources to address future needs for environmental adjustments in the final session.
- Maintain and manage equipment used by participants and direct/monitor handy worker activities according to work orders.
- Communicate and coordinate with CAPABLE RN.
- Assist in resolving complaints from participants related to home modifications and equipment.
- Document visits according to the organization's guidelines
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply for Patient Experience OT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.