Attending Physician - Colorectal Surgeon - Harlem Hospital - Part-time - New York, NY
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Harlem, located on 135 th Street in Manhattan, is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and is recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
Work collaboratively and closely with urologists , who handle the urogenital tract in males and the urinary tract of women, gynecologists , who deal with specific female issues, and gastroenterologists , who deal with diseases of the gut. This includes Colonoscopy and Proctology.
Work collaboratively and fulltime alongside other physicians and management of all Colorectal cases in the Department. This includes Colonoscopy and Proctology.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Meeting with patients twice per week in the clinic
Perform surgeries twice per week
Provide direct clinical care to both in/out patients
Academic responsibilities, which includes promoting and maintaining high quality student, graduate and continuing medical education programs within the department. Provides supervision and oversight of all medical training and where necessary, promotes linkages with graduate medical education programs at other institutions.
- Administrative responsibility which includes guiding and directing developmental operational plans to include continuous quality improvement, quality assurance, and re-engineering to carry out the mission, goals and objectives of the Department's strategic plan
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attention to detail and impeccable bedside manners
- Provide comprehensive surgical services to the Harlem Community
- Performing and treating conditions related to the lower digestive tract
- Addressing all patient concerns and answering their questions as accurately as possible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Valid state medical license as MD and DO
Certified by The American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery (ABCRS)
Certified by American Board of Surgery
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Columbia University academic appointment
- Clinical research opportunities
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joseph Mastov, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician - Colorectal Surgeon - Harlem Hospital - Part-time - New York, NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.