Permanent Geriatric Physician Job with UMass Memorial
The Division of Geriatric Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center currently seeks a full-time academic Geriatrician for a faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The successful candidate will be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and have completed a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine. Consideration will be given to both experienced physicians and graduating fellows.
- We are a collegial, stable Division emphasizing continuity of care across multiple health care sites and promotion and improvement of overall health of the geriatric population in our community.
- We offer a diverse clinical program in an age-friendly environment. We provide primary care of older adults, including comprehensive geriatric assessment, functional assessment, medication review and cognitive assessment.
- You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of health care providers with a robust partnership model of care involving geriatricians working in tandem with geriatric nurse practitioners.
- We provide home visits for our most frail patients alongside our geriatric nurse practitioners, provide care in several of the area's skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, and participate in UMass Memorial's innovative Hospital at Home (HAH) program.
- Faculty in the Division are also closely aligned with the Meyers Health Care Institute, a nationally recognized multidisciplinary research and educational institute focused on health care delivery science and population health.
- We offer a one-year ACGME Geriatric fellowship.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Worcester, Massachusetts is rich in history and cultural diversity. You will find
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools,
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute,
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes,
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues,
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod a well as Providence and Newport Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour's drive.
To be considered, please contact:
314-887-4922 (text capability)
Apply for Permanent Geriatric Physician Job with UMass Memorial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.