Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician
Open Door Family Medical Centers, Sleepy Hollow, NY, United States
The Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program is an exceptional partnership of Northwell Health, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, and Open Door Family Medical Centers. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the program is an innovative, forward-thinking 3-year residency program in family medicine with 8 residents per year. Now 10 years into residency education, we are an established program with an excellent track record for graduating comprehensive, autonomous family medicine physicians prepared to work in a variety of settings. For additional information, please visit: https://professionals.northwell.edu/graduate-medical-education/phelps-family-medicine-residency-program.
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, marginalized communities and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years. Open Door provides high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family medicine and dental residency training programs deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves. Open Door is a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home and Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to creating healthier communities by partnering with patients to enhance personal health.
Open Door believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. For additional information, please, visit: www.opendoormedical.org.
The Northwell Phelps Family Residency Program is seeking a Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician to join the team in Sleepy Hollow, NY. The faculty member will report to the program director.
- Teaching and supervision of residents, medical students, and other staff
- Perform the role of a learning advisor and mentor
- Provide direct patient care in an exemplary fashion
- Participate in faculty development
- Design and implement curriculum, including delivering didactic lectures
- Provide evaluation and feedback to residents, students, peers, staff, and the program
- Participate in residency conferences
- Share on-call responsibilities at the Family Medical Center
- Serve on residency, hospital, and Open Door committees
- Supervise resident scholarly activity and research
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, and ranking of prospective faculty and residents
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Completion of ACGME accredited family medicine residency program
- Prior teaching experience
- 2+ Years of comprehensive family medicine clinical experience preferred
- Outstanding in providing effective feedback
- Excellent active listening skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize and manage time well
- Proven leadership of clinical and administrative teams
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at the Northwell Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Westchester and Putnam counties, the residency program offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and educational assistance. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonus potential.
We enjoy working in a team-based, patient- and resident-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values innovation and partnership.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of resident physicians and thereby also the lives of thousands of patients and the health of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to improve health, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
Phelps and Open Door are Equal Opportunity Employers.
For additional information and to apply, please contact Nicholas Franzini, Physician Recruitment: email@example.com
Apply for Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.