Family Medicine Physicians needed in North Carolina
The Digital Health and Engagement team at Novant Health is looking for compassionate, caring, board certified/board eligible PRN family medicine physicians to join our rapidly growing team, and we would love to speak with you about our opportunities.
This role provides primary care to a wide variety of patients, both in-person and through virtual health consults. The in-person consults may be conducted in a physician practice, clinic or ambulatory facility, or other non-traditional setting and virtual health consults will be performed in a virtual care setting (e.g. home office) using video, mobile and telephonic technologies. This role collaborates with other physicians, mid-level providers, staff, and other health care professionals to provide the best care across the health care continuum. Additionally, this role serves as an integral member of the health care team who works to ensure safety, best practice and high-quality standards of care are maintained across the continuum.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing the approved medical practices process in the delivery of all patient care
- Providing clinical assessments and utilizing approved medical protocols per policy and recommending an appropriate level of clinical care based on clinical judgment and protocols
- Reviewing and updating patient records and checking records for accuracy at each patient appointment
- Providing education experiences to patient families, staff, other health professionals, and the community
- Analyzing test results and determining appropriate care needed, including referrals, follow-up visits and further treatment options
- Remaining knowledgeable on current federal, state, and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required
- Experience: 3 years of experience working in a physician practice setting, emergency room, or urgent care and 1 year working in a telehealth/virtual care setting preferred
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current MD license in appropriate state, board Certification, and current DEA license required
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing
- Ability to work with management team and physicians; demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Possesses excellent computer skills with the ability to multitask including navigating and documenting in an EMR while communicating with the patient and using a video and/or telephonic platform
- Ability to be a team player, contribute to a positive working environment, and demonstrate initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Knowledge of healthcare environment as it relates to technology, physicians, medical group practice, hospitals, ancillary services, and insurance/managed care. Up to 25% regional day travel between facilities may be required
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2021, Novant Health was the highest-ranking healthcare system in North Carolina to be included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Diversity MBA Magazine ranked Novant Health first in the nation on its 2021 list of “Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work.”
- In 2020, Novant Health provided more than $1.02 billion in community benefit, including financial assistance and services.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families, and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your CV to Sara Beth Caldwell, Physician Recruiter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Family Medicine Physicians needed in North Carolina
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.