Dean of Basic Science
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide vision and oversight for development and implementation of basic science curriculum to assure alignment with educational program objectives and competencies as well as compliance with LCME.
- Provide leadership in strengthening our existing curricular program and develop and implement initiatives to enhance strategic planning work in the area of curriculum development and renewal.
- Assist with planning the curriculum committee agenda and facilitating completing the paperwork to obtain accreditation.
- Provide curriculum oversight of yearly schedules, content, format, logistics, resources, and vertical and horizontal integration;
- Serve as liaison between the Deans and course directors.
- Serve as the administrative representative to relevant committees in the School and the College.
- The position will be full time on the Campus in Aruba (Dutch Caribbean)
Qualification: A minimum of MD or MD, PhD from a recognized University; 10 years of experience working in a medical school, experience in medical student education including directing medical school courses, participation in and ideally oversight of curriculum committee work. Applicants must have a distinguished track record of innovative educational leadership, scholarly accomplishment, and effective management.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.