Radiation Therapist - Radiology - Lincoln Medical Center - Bronx, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
- Administers radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
- Displays professional conduct essential to the well being of the Radiation Oncology patients.
- Demonstrates effective verbal communication skills in clinical setting.
- Observes the clinical progress of the radiation oncology patient, use clinical decision making skills to recognize and report any signs of complications.
- Utilizes treatment accessories to accurately reproduce the clinical setting.
- Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
- Safely and effectively operate a variety of computerized simulation treatment machines
- Perform machine safety checks; know safe limits of equipment operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the proper authority.
- Construct immobilization devices and employ custom blocking techniques that are conducive to conformal radiation therapy.
- Utilize sophisticated imaging equipment and treatment planning systems for precise tumor localization.
- Work closely with the radiation oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan that is customized to the patient needs
- Adhere to the Radiation Therapist code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills; Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
- Insure upload of radiation oncologist approved Eclipse treatment plan to the Aria record / verify system on the Varian IX treatment unit.
- Records treatment data on the Epic electronic medical record system.
- Training and use of new GE Discovery CT-Simulator imaging equipment to localize proposed treatment sites as well as training and use of new Varian LX treatment unit.
- All other duties as required by the department.
- Possession of a current valid license as a Radiological Technologist, licensed in Radiotherapy issued by the State of New York.
- This license must be presented at the time of investigation to the appointing officer at the time of the appointment interview. Appointees must maintain their license in order to retain the position.
- CT Treatment Planning
- Training for GE Discovery CT-Simulator,
- Varian IX Linear Accelerator,
- Aria Record / Verification
- Treatment Data,
- Epic Electronic Medical Record
- COVID 19 vaccination required to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your resume to Steven Quiroz, Healthcare Recruiter for PAGNY, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Radiation Therapist - Radiology - Lincoln Medical Center - Bronx, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.