Chair of Medicine - Coney Island Hospital
PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals' wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
We are currently searching for a Chair of Medicine to join our leadership team at Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, Metro NYC!
About our hospital:
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island, located in South Brooklyn, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Downstate Medical Center and dedicated to providing high quality patient centered care to a diverse community. Coney Island Hospital has a catchment area of 875,000 people in South Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Rockaways. NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island has provided quality health care services to the community for almost 150 years. Since its inception, Coney Island has worked diligently to ensure the provision of quality medical care, programs and services to our community. The facility has a rich and varied history that reflects the vibrant growth of the institution and the community it serves.
Today, Coney Island Hospital stands as a leader in the transformation in healthcare in the South Brooklyn community. The hospital offers comprehensive primary, secondary, preventive and specialty care services and recently was certified as a PCI center and Primary Stroke Center. The facility is staffed by a team of more than 325 physicians and has an inpatient capacity of 351 beds, including 13 medical intensive care beds, 10 surgical intensive care beds, 9 coronary care beds, and an 9-station renal dialysis unit.
The hospital is undergoing a physical transformation through the building of a state-of-the art 11 story in-patient tower scheduled to open in fall 2022 as well as the development and build-out of multiple ambulatory care practices within the facility's clinical footprint.
About our department:
The department of Medicine at Coney Island Hospital has a robust compliment of inpatient and ambulatory services supported by an internal medicine residency program, fellowship programs in: cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, critical medicine and hematology/oncology as well as a number of medical student academic programs.
Coney Island Hospital is currently seeking an experienced and ambitious licensed Physician to nurture and lead the staff as the new Chair, Department of Medicine. In this role, the Chair, Department of Medicine will be responsible for providing visionary leadership to the department and overseeing the departmental aspect of strategic planning and programmatic growth with a focus on quality of the clinical, educational, and research programs.
- Lead the development and enhancement of departmental clinical, educational, and research activities, in accordance with the facility's mission and vision.
- Supervise all professional activities and clinical staff within the Department and within subspecialty divisions of the Department. Management of staff including recruitment and retention, appointing departmental members to committees, establishing and coordinating faculty and staff development, periodically evaluating faculty and staff.
- Manage all faculty appointments, reappointments, and promotions according to Hospital Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Enforce professional performance of all practitioners with clinical privileges in the Department.
- Collaborate with appropriate administrative and nursing leadership to build a team-based clinical environment.
- Develop policies, procedures and practices for the Department that ensure the provision of high quality and cost-effective patient care.
- Identify performance benchmarks in order to establish, monitor and improve the standards of care and provider productivity.
- Develop, implement and monitor growth plans for the Department of Medicine services in line with the community needs assessment and with a specific focus on neurology and cardiovascular service lines
- Support utilization review and quality assurance programs.
- Oversight of residency, fellowship and medical student education performed within the department.
- Collaborate with physicians and staff to promote health education and outreach within the community.
- Provide quality medical care within Physician's specialty
- Current, valid & unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of New York or the ability to obtain one along with a valid DEA registration
- A provider in good standing in the Medicare & Medicaid programs
- Current Specialty Board Certification
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing physician, includes significant academic, administrative and clinical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience within a healthcare service organization
- A collaborative and innovative leader with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in performance improvement
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days & allowance
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com .
Please note proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Chair of Medicine - Coney Island Hospital
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.