Physician - Anatomic Pathology- Jacobi/NCB - Bronx, NY - Full-time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi , located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
The Department of Pathology at Jacobi Medical Center is seeking and attending pathologist for the Division of Anatomic Pathology. The Division of Anatomic Pathology at Jacobi Medical Center is CAP-accredited, includes 6 pathologists and has a surgical pathology volume of 13,000 specimens/year. The successful candidate must have strong surgical pathology skills, be Board eligible/ certified in anatomic pathology and hold a New York State license at the time of proposed employment. Additional fellowship training and experience in hematopathology or cytopathology is desirable. Responsabilities include diagnostic evaluation of surgical pathology specimens, frozen sections, conferences/tumor board and sign out of autopsies.
- Evaluate and sign out routine surgical pathology cases and hematopathology cases, including bone marrow biopsies, lymph node tissue, fine needle aspirations and flow cytometry
- Provide on-call coverage for frozen sections
- Provide hematology consultations and correlation
- Provide Blood Bank coverage when needed
Board certified by American Board of Pathology in Anatomic Pathology or AP/CP pathology
Must qualify for NY Medical License
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe at email@example.com
Apply for Physician - Anatomic Pathology- Jacobi/NCB - Bronx, NY - Full-time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.