Chief Pediatric Pulmonology Opportunity: Academic, Small-Town Charm - Close to Metropolitan Centers
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Pediatrics seeks a Chief for Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine and Cystic Fibrosis at the Associate Professor or Professor rank to lead a division with a large potential for programmatic growth. The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Morgantown, WV.
- The four-clinician division is currently staffed with support from a research coordinator, a nurse coordinator, a dietician, a pharmacist, committed pediatric respiratory therapists, and social work support.
- WVU's Mountain State Cystic Fibrosis Center is a CF-Therapeutics Development Network Center, with some of the best respiratory patient-registry data in the country.
- We also have an AASM accredited sleep lab and pediatric sleep disorders clinic.
WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital is the premier site within the state for primary through tertiary care of children. The department has close working relationships with colleagues in the pediatric surgical subspecialties and pediatric radiology. The department is committed to providing excellent clinical care to the children of West Virginia, a collegial academic environment that fosters professional growth and high quality teaching to our students and house staff.
- 100% Employer-contributed 401
- Free college tuition for dependents
- On-site childcare
The West Virginia University Health System, the state’s largest health system and largest private employer, is comprised of 18 hospitals with the flagship academic medical center, West Virginia University/J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, located in Morgantown. The system also provides management services to three additional hospitals.
Morgantown is the quintessential college town, with Division I Big 12 sports, diverse cultural and arts activities, world famous outdoor recreation, and excellent schools. Yet, we are only 75 miles from Pittsburgh and a three-hour drive to DC. We are an inclusive, educated, small community with a strong local economy. You will be amazed at the high quality of life we have to offer here in beautiful north-central West Virginia.
- MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Eligible for state medical license
- Completion of a Pediatrics residency program
- Completion of a Pediatric Pulmonology fellowship program
- Board certification in Pediatric Pulmonology, with additional board certification in Sleep Medicine preferred
Please contact Megan Core, Senior Physician Recruiter, at: email@example.com.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.