Academic Pediatric Neuropsychologist in Southern California
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Department of Pediatrics is looking to hire a Pediatric Neuropsychologist. The candidate must possess PhD/PsyD in Clinical Psychology and be licensed or license eligible in the state of California. Expertise with assessment and diagnosis of Autism is strongly preferred. Knowledge of the various psychosocial aspects of commonly referred medical conditions and proficiency with basic cognitive, psychological, and neuropsychological assessment is required. Experience supervising graduate students is preferred. This candidate will have clinical work at the Inland Empire Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessment Center of Excellence (AAC). The AAC is a clinical center intended to provide specialized and comprehensive assessment for children being referred to diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). This individual will be a member of the Department of Pediatrics Psychological Services team.
The pediatric neuropsychologist position works within the Department of Pediatrics which provides direct clinical service to LLUHC and LLUCH. Primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Direct Clinical Service
- Must have ability to work with various people and departments to foster teamwork in the healthcare environment and with Inland Empire ASD Collaborative. Is expected to have skill sets to work independently and with a transdisciplinary team. Requires ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of patient and healthcare information and work to transfer appropriate information to meet child/family need. This position will require that the candidate be able to provide comprehensive neuropsychological assessments, particularly those relevant to autism evaluations. Must be able to work with transdisciplinary team to diagnose patients, develop reports, referral and recommendations to ameliorate health/wellbeing concerns of patients in a timely manner.
- As part of the Pediatric Psychology Services team will also assist with neurodevelopmental and neuropsychological evaluations to children in outpatient and inpatient settings in other clinics served by this team.
- Clinical Training and Supervision
- Serve as one of the supervisors for psychology trainees and unlicensed staff.
- Provide training to graduate psychology trainees in the areas of pediatric psychology, psychotherapeutic interventions, and psychological assessment.
- Opportunities to develop research projects are present.
- Collaborate with AAC and/or Pediatric Psychology Services to write grants for further research opportunities.
- Contribute to publications and presentations based on individual and collaborative research projects.
A clinical/academic appointment is possible depending on qualifications and experience.
This is not a J-1 opportunity.
Apply for Academic Pediatric Neuropsychologist in Southern California
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.