Micu Night Intensivist
MICU Night Intensivist, Yale New Haven Hospital
The primary function of the Physician working for the Hospitalist Service is to provide comprehensive care to medicine inpatients in collaboration with Physician Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP), the Director and Operations Manager of the Hospitalist Service and to teach staff. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 At the instruction of the Director or his/her designee, provides care of medicine inpatients assigned to the Medicine Service, ensuring safe, high quality and efficient care.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Regularly provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and PAs/NPs, including students from the Yale University School of Medicine Physician Associate Program. May also teach medical students and internal medicine residents.
- 3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction
- 3.1 Participates in team-based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives.
- 4. Patient Safety
- 4.1 Practices medicine in a manner to maximize patient safety.
- 5. Operations
- 5.1 Follows all YNH Medical Services policies and procedures.
M.D. degree, full residency training and Board eligibility/certification in internal medicine mandatory. Must have attending medical staff privileges at Yale-New Haven Hospital,.
Two (2) years caring for medicine inpatients with teaching responsibilities/experience preferred.
Hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged. Works weekends.Reports to work by 8:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m. if making the List) and expected to work until at least 1:00 p.m. on weekend days. Hours may vary as needed dependent on patient volume and acuity.
To learn more, please apply directly or contact:
Tyrita Stewart, In-House Physician Recruiter, Tyrita.Stewart@ynhh.org or
Tim Dascenzo, Sr. Manger, Timothy.Dascenzo@ynhh.org
YNHHS Requisition ID
Apply for Micu Night Intensivist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.