Seeking Qualified Faculty Member to join Division of Pediatric Surgery
Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital is seeking a qualified faculty member to join the Division of Pediatric Surgery. Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is verified by the American College of Surgeons as a Level 1 Children’s Surgery Center. The 226-bed Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital includes a 108-bed Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with three additional community Level III NICUs within the system, as well as a 26-bed Pediatric ICU.
Responsibilities and Practice Details:
- Surgical support for a full-service tertiary/quaternary care pediatric hospital and complementary clinics, with more than 40 medical/surgical specialties.
- Large case volume representing the complete spectrum of pediatric surgical disease including neonatal index cases, solid tumors, and congenital and acquired diseases of the head, neck, thorax, and abdomen.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites with pediatric-appropriate open, laparoscopic, and thoracoscopic instrumentation, and an active robotics program.
- The Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital Pediatric Surgical Center that provides a child-friendly environment for children to as they prepare and recover from surgery.
- ACGME-approved General Surgery Residency program at Inova Fairfax Hospital with mid-level surgery residents rotating through the Pediatric Surgery Service. Affiliation with University of Virginia Medical School Inova Campus, with an academic appointment and research opportunities available.
- Highly competitive salary with incentives
- Full Medical, dental and vision
- Generous PTO and paid time to attend CME
- Must be Board Certified Board Eligible in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery
- Able to obtain VA Medical License
If interested in learning more about this position, please e-mail Alexa Danza, Physician Recruiter, at: Alexa.Danza@inova.org