Director of Clinical Microbiology Services - UMass Memorial Health
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the premier health care provider in Central Massachusetts and is the teaching hospital of the UMass Chan Medical School. The Department of Pathology has over fifty faculty members and a highly regarded AP/CP residency program with sixteen residents. The state-of-the-art Microbiology Laboratory at Quest provides comprehensive services to major medical centers, affiliated hospitals, and outpatient facilities in Northeast US. The services include Aerobic, Anaerobic Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Virology, and Parasitology.
- Oversees the scientific and technical direction of the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, including CLIA responsibility for rapid response labs as needed.
- Serves as the primary laboratory liaison to clinical care providers and the National Quest Diagnostics laboratories. Maintains critical client relationships.
- Provide teaching and post-graduate training to medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Provide regulatory and quality oversight and maintains own licensure, certifications, privileges, and professional standing.
- Qualify for an academic appointment at UMass Chan Medical School at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor.
- Embody and exemplify the UMass Memorial Health Six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind.
- MD/DO degree or equivalent from an accredited medical school or Ph.D. from an accredited Graduate Program.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Pathology with a subspecialty in Medical Microbiology (ABP) or by the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in clinical microbiology, including effective collaboration with Clinical and Administrative Staff in a major medical center.
- Significant fellowship and/or clinical experience in microbiology.
- 2-3 years of experience serving as a director of a Clinical Microbiology Laboratory is preferred.
- Experience with analytic data software and Pathology Informatics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact professionally and effectively with physicians, hospital personnel, employees, and external customers.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Joint commissions, CAP, and other regulatory regulations.
314-887-4922 (text capability)
Apply for Director of Clinical Microbiology Services - UMass Memorial Health
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.