Physician - Einstein - Gastroenterology - Philadelphia
The group offers comprehensive gastrointestinal healthcare services, including advanced diagnostics, endoscopic therapies and advanced minimally invasive endoscopic procedures. The practice is proud to promote a patient-centric culture, comprehensive approach to individualized patient care, and a positive work environment for the physicians and staff.
The practice currently consists of ten physicians who practice general and advanced gastroenterology and each also have a special niche interest. Two physicians perform advanced endoscopic procedures. The position is a mix of inpatient and outpatient work, and the physicians participate in a coverage pool 4-5 weekends per year, with weeknight coverage varies but usually once every 1-2 months. In addition, there is an option to work with GI fellows, internal medicine residents and medical students, and to apply for an academic appointment at Sydney Kimmel College of Medicine.
Endo centers at Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia (EMCP), Einstein Medical Center - Montgomery (EMCM), and Einstein Medical Center - Elkins Park (EMCEP) and ambulatory centers at EMCM SPUB, Einstein Endoscopy Center at Blue Bell (EECBB), and Einstein Center One. GI Motility lab is centered at EMCM but can also be performed at EMCP. Video capsule enteroscopy (VCE) is available in both markets (urban and suburban). The division is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, which include 190 Olympus scopes.
• MD or DO from an accredited program or foreign equivalent
• Completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency
• Completion of an ACGME accredited GI fellowship
• Board certified/eligible in IM, GI
• Appropriate licenses and certifications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Academic rank - Sidney Kimmel College of Medicine
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Learn more about our home, Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.
- Visit Philadelphia - Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city. www.visitphilly.com
- City of Philadelphia - The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives. www.phila.gov
- PHL Diversity - Showcases the city's vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations. www.discoverphl.com/meet/phldiversity
- To learn about Einstein's Graduate Medical Education Program: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
- To learn more about the Philadelphia and surrounding counties please visit: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Apply for Physician - Einstein - Gastroenterology - Philadelphia
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.