Pathology - Clinical Microbiology
- Full-time position, with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Doctoral degree (MD or DO and/or PhD) with postdoctoral training in an accredited microbiology fellowship program (or equivalent experience)
- Board certification or eligibility in medical microbiology by either the American Board of Pathology or American Board of Medical Microbiology
- Molecular microbiology experience is preferred
- New postdoctoral fellowship graduates are welcome to apply
- Ability to obtain OR medical license required for MD and DO candidates
Where You'll Work
Providence Oregon Laboratories is a renowned network of labs consisting of a Regional Core Laboratory, a state-of-the-art Genomics lab and eight Rapid Response Laboratories in hospitals and medical centers across the state. With expertise in nearly all subspecialty areas of anatomic and clinical pathology, these facilities provide comprehensive surgical pathology, cytology, autopsy pathology, molecular pathology, and laboratory medical directorship services. The labs also support the Providence Cancer Center's vital work and research efforts.
Where You'll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, "Rip City" offers residents a high quality of life, an incredibly diverse array of dining options and a thriving job market. The city is also an outdoor enthusiast's mecca, ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 17730
Apply for Pathology - Clinical Microbiology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.