Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Opportunity in Greenville, NC
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking plastic and reconstructive surgeons to join their growing surgical program. Applicants should be board eligible or board certified in plastic surgery. Applicants with post-residency fellowship training in craniofacial, microsurgery, or hand surgery are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will have responsibility for performing the full spectrum of reconstructive plastic surgery. ECU Health Medical Center is eastern North Carolina’s only level 1 trauma center and the destination for specialty surgical care.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center
- Opportunity available due to expansion
- Established practice with 3 surgeons and 3 Advanced Practice Providers
- Access to a nationally recognized Ambulatory Surgery Center for outpatient procedures
- Comprehensive surgical program
- Dedicated block OR scheduling
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- Full practice support by ECU Health Physicians
- Comprehensive compensation and benefit package including base salary and bonus structure Full physician benefit package including relocation
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary, and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location, and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking, and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care enterprise serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of more than 13,000 employees, nine hospitals, a children's hospital, and two multispecialty group practices with more than 1,100 providers in more than 180 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level 1 Trauma facility, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine. ECU Health and Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. For more information, visit: ECUHealth.org
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at: (252)814-0003 or: Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements, and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places — online, in job postings, in the communication you receive, etc.