Physician (Family Medicine)
Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Ft Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you with unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore!
Enjoy BigXII college sports and entertainment at Kansas State University in Manhattan; as well as a thriving night life. Experience travel simplified at the Manhattan Regional Airport or international travel through Kansas City International Airport. Manhattan has been recognized on the following for its quality of life:
. #3 on a list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes)
. Top 10 Places to Retire (Money Magazine)
. Top 50 College Towns in America (Best College Reviews)
. Top 10 Best Places to Retire Young (CNN Money)
. Top 100 Places to Live in America (Livability)
Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.
Examine, diagnose, prevent and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care patients.
Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults.
Complete required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
Teach and provide consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
Supervisory positions will lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
Supervisory positions will interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross. Certifying organization varies on location. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Basic Requirement for Physician (Family Practice)/Supervisory Physician (Family Practice):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Residency Training for GP-14 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Family Practice) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
Apply for Physician (Family Medicine)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.