The Department of Pathology at Westchester Medical Center, seeks a full-time AP/CP or AP board-certified / board-eligible Academic Surgical Pathologist with strong diagnostic skills in general and Oncologic Surgical Pathology. Fellowship training in Renal and Genitourinary pathology is desired, although candidates with subspecialty training/expertise in other areas including thoracic, or GYN pathology, are also invited to apply.
In addition to providing clinical service in all aspects of Surgical Pathology with other pathologists in the department, the candidate is expected to interact with multidisciplinary clinical care team including but not limited to areas of subspecialty expertise, to teach medical students, residents, and fellows. Scholarly activity is also expected as reasonably possible in collaboration with clinical colleagues or other basic science researchers/faculty at the affiliated New York Medical College. Successful candidate will have an academic faculty appointment in the Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology at New York Medical College at the rank commensurate with the level of candidate's experience and scholarly activities.
Westchester Medical Center, the flagship of WMCHealth network, is a tertiary care academic hospital, located on the network's Valhalla, NY campus. Along with adjoining Maria Fareri Children Hospital, WMC provides state of the art medical care to millions of residents of the Hudson Valley. The campus, located in Westchester County, 30 minutes north of New York City, provides ideal opportunity for enjoying suburban life with very good school districts, and ready access to a large metropolis. Applicants must have:
- MD/DO, MD/Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree
- Possession or eligibility for an unrestricted medical license and appropriate Certificates of Qualification in New York State.
- Board certification/eligibility in anatomic and clinical pathology, or anatomic pathology.
- Additional certification/eligibility in subspecialty board will be a plus.
- Andrea Ruggiero, Manager Advanced Clinical Recruitment: Andrea.Ruggiero@wmchealth.org OR
- Humayun Islam, Chairman & Interim Director, Department of Pathology: Humayun.Islam@wmchealth.org
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Apply for Surgical Pathologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.