Memorial Healthcare System is seeking a psychiatrist to join our team in the Outpatient Behavioral Health Center (OBHC) currently located in Hollywood, FL, relocating in 2022 to a new facility in nearby Davie, FL. The OBHC is a community-based, multidisciplinary outpatient setting with a comprehensive array of services promoting integrated, whole-person care for adults with mental health and substance use conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to provide psychiatric evaluation and management, as well as addiction consultation and medication assisted treatment for individuals who participate in treatment programs including ambulatory detoxification, intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient group and individual therapies. A strong interest in teaching and outpatient clinical supervision is essential, as Memorial Healthcare System accepted its first year of psychiatry residents in June 2019.
This is a full-time employed position with the multispecialty Memorial Physician Group. The position offers competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience. Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered under sovereign immunity.
Requirements of the position include:
- Board certification/eligibility in psychiatry with training and expertise in addictions
- Experience in psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Proficient with electronic medical records
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Passion for teaching and training psychiatry residents
- Strong interest and experience in academic pursuits, such as presenting at conferences or publishing in peer-reviewed journals
About Memorial Outpatient Behavioral Health:
Memorial Outpatient Behavioral Health Center offers a variety of programs including individual and group therapy to help individuals gain insight and confidence, so they can live healthy, productive lives.
- The Medication Clinic offers accessible and cost-effective mental health and substance abuse services through a team of providers including psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
- Therapy services include two intensive outpatient programs for people with addiction/co-occurring disorders or mood/anxiety disorders, as well as DBT and trauma groups.
- The Rebel's Drop-In Center is open 365 days a year to provide wellness activities, social support, peer counseling, and advocacy for individuals with mental health or substance use challenges.
- The Mind Body Wellness Program is a co-located and fully integrated primary care clinic within our center.
- The National Council for Behavioral Health awarded Memorial Healthcare System the 2018 Excellence in Whole Person Care award.
About Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the United States. A national leader in quality care and patient satisfaction, Memorial has ranked 11 times since 2008 on nationally recognized lists of great places to work – in Modern Healthcare magazine, Florida Trend magazine, and Becker’s Hospital Review, just to name a few.
Memorial’s facilities include its flagship, Memorial Regional Hospital, one of the largest in Florida; Memorial Regional Hospital South; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the only freestanding children's hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties; Memorial Hospital West; Memorial Hospital Miramar; Memorial Hospital Pembroke; and Memorial Manor, a US News five-star-rated nursing home.
Memorial’s work environment has been rated by employees and physicians alike as an open-door, inclusive culture that is committed to safety, transparency, and, above all, outstanding service to patients and families.
About South Florida:
South Florida offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities, miles of beautiful beaches, top-rated golf courses, zoos and wildlife refuges, a vibrant arts community, museums, and world-class dining. South Florida’s high quality of life – including year-round summer weather, exciting multiculturalism, and no state income tax – attracts new residents from all over the country and around the world.