Hospice/Palliative Care Medical Director Physician Job
The physician will:
- Serve as the Medical Director of Hospice and Palliative Care Services, assuming responsibility for the clinical/medical coordination, development, evaluation and supervision of both programs.
- Provide overall clinical/medical leadership for the medical component of the organization's patient care and services provided at all organization's multiple locations; ensuring that all patients are appropriate for admission and serve as the physician member of the IDG.
- Help nurture and grow a well-established, highest quality hospice program, and support the growth of an already successful new palliative program.
- Collaborate and partner with a leadership team of highly skilled professionals committed to the growth of the organization; and lead a multidisciplinary team of motivated clinicians to provide individualized care to patients; and participate in the establishment and implementation of the plan of care for patients.
- Be responsible for the palliation and management of the hospice patients' terminal illness and related conditions in conjunction with the patient's attending physician, or serve as the attending if one is not assigned; and be responsible for the palliation of symptoms and coordination of care of the palliative patients' conditions in conjunction with the patient's current physicians.
- Assume primary responsibility for monitoring and compliance for the medical component of hospice and palliative care programs with all applicable standards, regulations and requirements; and participate in ethics and policy committees as needed, within the organization and the health system.
- Establish, coordinate and participate in 24-hour medical staff call coverage for the organizations' patients.
- Assume primary responsibility for providing in-service training for staff, peer-to-peer consultation, re-certification face-to-face assessments, and communication with referral sources when applicable.
- Assume responsibility for promoting hospice and palliative care education with hospice and palliative care medical and nursing staff, referring hospitals and physicians; and participate in community education to support the growth of the organization.
- Be responsible for providing direct supervision of Hospice Physicians and Nurse Practitioners and assess and evaluate their competency on an annual basis; ensure medical staff documentation is accurate, timely, and in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Report to the President of the organization and collaborate with leadership on strategic planning for organization and census growth, and development of additional programs and community offerings.
Enjoy living in this world-class Midwest community with various amenities and recreation that draws many families to call this home! Located just 40 miles from Indianapolis and 70 miles north of Louisville.
Interested candidates please contact:
Kaelee Van Camp
Reference position ID 164870 when responding
Apply for Hospice/Palliative Care Medical Director Physician Job
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.