CHAIR OF CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
CHAIR OF CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
Staten Island University Hospital
Staten Island, NY
Northwell Health is seeking an exceptional clinician and dynamic leader to serve as the Chair of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Staten Island University Hospital.
The ideal candidate will be a recognized physician in the field of Cardiothoracic surgery with proven skills and values to lead a highly successful department. As Chair, this individual will assume key responsibilities for advancing the clinical and operational missions of the department. While maintaining an active clinical practice, the Chair will manage, recruit, and retain high performing teams as well as be responsible for research and teaching efforts within the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Our regional network of leaders deliver diverse services to meet the most complex challenges, and qualified candidates must be able to support this environment.
Northwell Health’s cardiothoracic surgery program is one of the largest in New York State, doing more than 3,000 adult cardiac surgeries and 3,000 general thoracic surgeries across our network per year. The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at SIUH performs over 700 cardiac and thoracic related surgeries annually from open procedures, transcatheter based therapies, and aortic aneurysm surgery with excellent outcomes. The program has received a three-star quality rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for Isolated CABG for the past four years as well as a three-star quality rating for MVRR. The infrastructure dedicated to the program includes experienced and full-time PAs as well as 24/7 critical care intensivists that are under the department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery.
This is a full-time, academic position. The candidate will also receive an academic appointment at the Zucker School of Medicine at Northwell/Hofstra commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
Requirements and Ideal Experience
The new Chair of Cardiothoracic Surgery will possess the following qualifications:
- MD or MD/PhD from a nationally accredited and recognized medical school.
- Board Certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery, with appropriate subspecialty training and/or certification.
- At least five years of operational leadership, clinical acumen, and general leadership experience serving in a physician, executive, or leadership role is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain collegial relationships with peers, faculty, departmental staff, hospital administration, representatives of outside organizations, and community stakeholders.
- Experience growing practice volumes, while building innovative programs and services.
- Track record of supporting academic, research and teaching interests.
- Candidate must meet requirements for medical licensure in New York State.
Cover letter and CV should be addressed to:
S. Jacob Scheinerman, MD FACS
Chair, Department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital
Vice President, Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, Western Region, Northwell Health
Interested candidates should email the above to: OPR@northwell.edu
Apply for CHAIR OF CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.