Child Psychiatrist, Groton & Niantic, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our mission, and live our values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide initial evaluations of individuals (and their families, if indicated) for mental or emotional problems. Offer medication management or other treatment recommendations as indicated.
1. Provides diagnostic assessment and psychiatric treatment to individuals who present with symptoms of mental illness or emotional distress
2. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit 's / area's / department's policies and procedures.
3. Obtains histories, examines patients, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses.
4. Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
5. Involves patients and their families in care and treatment decisions.
6. Creates treatment plans and completes orders in patients' charts.
7. Collaborates on improvements in care delivery and service with APRNs, clinical social workers, PCPs, other physicians, staff and management.
8. Initiates appropriate specialty referrals.
9. Provides clinical information to the interdisciplinary team in a clear and timely manner.
10. Ensures that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete.
11. Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding and CPT, E/M code assignments.
12. Achieves and maintains optimal patient access.
13. Provides interdepartmental consultation as requested.
14. Participates in the development of medical protocols, standard procedures and management of patient-care-related activities.
15. Gives feedback to and accepts feedback from all staff in a respectful manner.
16. Acts in a positive and professional manner, maintaining positive relationships with patients, their families and/or
guests and with staff.
17. Complies with all practice policies, procedures and federal and state laws.
18. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Must demonstrate flexibility to deal with changes in work schedules and sites to meet department needs.
19. Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
20. Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources.
21. Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in medical staff activities, serving on various committees and suggesting and supporting process improvements.
22. Promptly advises the Chair of Psychiatry of any issues that could compromise patient safety.
23. Advises the Chair of Psychiatry of any issues that could affect the efficiency of the organization.
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
Doctorate in Medicine, Board Certified or Board Eligible in Child Psychiatry
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
Experience in Behavioral Health is desirable.
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience preferred.
Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions sufficient to maintain a safe work environment.
Skills in identifying problems and recommending solutions in a clear, concise and proactive manner, including recognition and resolution of costly errors.
Ability to quickly synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations.
Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting.
Excellent communication skills.
Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude.
Ability to multitask during consultations
ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or other areas of accountability):
Maintain and promote safe and appropriate patient care and abide by NEMG's and Lawrence+Memorial Hospital's established code of conducts and ethics.
COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors inherent in the responsibilities of this position):
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences), accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).
Able to work well within a multidisciplinary team.
A valid license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut, with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity. Board certification or board eligibility in Child Psychiatry. Current DEA license.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
Moderate amount of walking; moderate stress from working with patients and families, as well as interfacing with team members.
For more information please contact Natasha Rotella, Physician Recruiter at (203) 502-6515 or email@example.com
YNHHS Requisition ID
Apply for Child Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.