Molecular Pathologist - Associate Division Director
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Hartford HealthCare, the largest healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new growth opportunity available for a PhD Molecular Pathologist to join our team at Hartford Hospital, one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England, located in Hartford, CT.
A few highlights of this position include:
- Six different Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) panels available for Hematopathology and Surgical Oncology cases.
- Combined Molecular Pathology and Cytogenetics division under a single director.
- Collaborative interaction between the Molecular Pathology and Cytogenetics division, Pathologists, and Oncologists.
- The only Cytogenetic and Molecular Pathology laboratory within Hartford Healthcare, which covers 7 hospitals throughout the state.
- A stable department with a welcoming team, low turnover, and future growth opportunities.
- The Associate Division Director for Molecular Pathology will collaborate with the Division Director to supervise the development and implementation of complex clinical molecular assays and the introduction of new technologies.
- The primary responsibility will be to interpret and report clinical cases in molecular diagnostics and assist the Division Director with assay design, feasibility studies, and clinical validation consistent with all regulatory guidelines (CAP, CLIA, FDA).
- Additional responsibilities may include optimization and monitoring quality and performance of existing methods and technologies, as well as the coordination and day to day supervision of the staff.
- The Associate Division Director will be encouraged to attend conferences/meetings and provide educational activities such as talks and rotations for the technologists, pathology residents, and fellows.
About Hartford HealthCare:
Hartford HealthCare is the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in CT with over 33,000 colleagues in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including Hartford Hospital, one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City, and offers you and your family access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
- PhD in Molecular Pathology or relevant field.
- 1 year of proven clinical laboratory experience in diagnostic review and reporting, molecular assay design, validation, and implementation compliant with CLIA and CAP guidelines.
- ABMGG board certified/eligible in Molecular Genetics and Genomics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG).
- Must obtain Board certification within 2 testing cycles.
For additional information:
If you are looking for MORE FULFILLMENT IN YOUR CAREER, e-mail Patricia Lowicki, Office of Physician and Advanced Practitioner
Recruitment and Integration Director, at Patti.Lowicki@hhchealth.org or call/text 860-558-6591.
Apply for Molecular Pathologist - Associate Division Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.