Intensive Care and Cardiac Acute Care Hospital Physician
The Pediatric & Cardiac Intensive Care Units, as well as the Cardiac Acute Care Unit (ACU), at Boston Children’s Hospital seek Board-certified or Board-eligible pediatricians to work as hospital physicians practicing under the supervision and direction of ICU or ACU Attending Physicians.
The Intensive Care and Cardiac Acute Care Hospital Physician will be responsible for:
- Primary/front-line clinician on day and night shifts in the ICU or ACU caring for infants, children, adolescents, and adults with acute or critical illness under the direction and supervision of the ICU or ACU attending physician.
- Evaluation and management of acute and critical illness. In the ICUs, this will include assisting in airway management, vascular access, resuscitation, and other critical care procedures as needed.
- Participate in unit-based teaching conferences, quality improvement, and research activities as directed by the Chief of Service.
To qualify, you must be:
- Board-certified or Board-eligible pediatrician
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certified
- This will be an ideal opportunity for new pediatric residency graduates considering or preparing for cardiology or critical care fellowships or other careers in pediatric acute care to gain expertise in the pathophysiology and management of complex, high acuity patients, practice procedural skills, and help families navigate difficult situations under the instruction and direction of expert Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School faculty.
- Applicants may apply for Pediatric (Medical-Surgical) ICU, Cardiac ICU, and/or Cardiac Acute Care positions. Standard work shifts will be 50% daytime and 50% overnight; those who may prefer 100% overnight shifts will also be supported.
For more information about the positions or to apply:
Jeffrey Burns, MD (Pediatric/Medical-Surgical ICU) email@example.com
Ravi Thiagarajan, MD (Cardiac ICU) Ravi.Thiagarajan@CARDIO.CHBOSTON.ORG
Roger Breitbart, MD (Cardiac Acute Care Unit) Roger.Breitbart@CARDIO.CHBOSTON.ORG
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.