Full-time Intensivist Opportunity with Kaiser Permanente in Sacramento, California
We are the future of health care
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opening:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic BC/BE Intensivist with a team player mentality and prior cardiac surgical experience. The Cardiac Intensivist Program at Mercy General Hospital (MGH), Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit (CSICU) will be an exciting role for an Intensivist with special interest in cardiovascular medicine. This is a unique opportunity to practice collaborative care between Kaiser Permanente and Mercy Health Systems in Northern California.
The Intensivist will work in a consultant-manager role to care for Kaiser Permanente members admitted to the CSICU at MGH. The scope of practice involves:
- KP members in greater Sacramento area needing cardiac surgery, advanced/ high risk cardiac interventions, including TAVR and Mitral clip procedures
- In addition, ECMO services and advanced EP procedures are managed by a multidisciplinary TPMG team
- A collaborative effort from physicians and surgeon colleagues, allied health professionals, and administrative staff
This position offers several work-life balance benefits to support you including:
- Weekend and holidays will be one intensivist covering 12 hours
- No call from ED and other hospital services
- Care for only Kaiser Permanente patients
- Collegial support from providers for patients needing high level support or difficult procedures
THE SACRAMENTO AREA OFFERS:
- An active lifestyle while enjoying a varied and fulfilling practice
- Family-oriented communities with spacious parks and tree-lined streets, including some of California’s most affordable housing and excellent schools
- The urban benefits of great shopping, outstanding restaurants, and cultural activities
- Proximity to destinations such as San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and the stunning Pacific Coast
- Perfect climate for outdoor recreational pursuits
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multispecialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at: tpmg.permanente.org.
For further details, please contact: Roy Hernandez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: 510.625.2731. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Connect With Us: