Per Diem Neonatal Hospitalist
Northwell Health is seeking a per diem Neonatal Hospitalist within the Division of Neonatology at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Performs advanced neonatal practice in Neonatology, including frontline patient management and technical procedures in Labor and Delivery, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit [NICU], and in other units in the hospital where neonates receive care.
- Provides frontline care to patients in the neonatal ICU, including pre-rounding, work rounds with the clinical team (ACPs, NICU house docs, collaborating physicians, NICU RNs, NICU dieticians, etc), needed procedures, and safe handoff at change of shift.
- Attends high risk deliveries and leads neonatal resuscitations.
- Demonstrates competency in common neonatal care procedures including but not limited to endotracheal intubation, thoracotomy tube placement, umbilical line placement, percutaneous inserted central venous catheter placement, bladder catheterization, lumbar puncture, and peripheral arterial line placement.
- Completes local certification and therapeutic hypothermia.
- Documents critical changes and management of newborns as well as procedures in a complete and timely manner.
- Appropriately bills for procedural, or resuscitation.
- Attends divisional educational activities to maintain competency in current concepts in neonatal care.
- Attends scheduled LHH ACP meetings.
- Identifies quality improvement issues and participates in unit projects.
- Participates in Neonatal Performance Improvement Coordinating Group [PICG] and leadership meetings.
Experience and Qualifications:
- MD or DO degree
- Licensed in New York State
- Graduate of an Accredited Pediatric Residency Program
- BC/BE American Board of Pediatrics
Why choose us?
Northwell Health includes 23 award-winning hospitals and more than 750 community-based practice locations throughout Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Westchester.
For further details and opportunities, please contact Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health: OPR@northwell.edu
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Diversity and Health Equity:
Northwell Health is committed to training, supporting and nurturing physicians from all backgrounds. We fully understand that diversity is integral for our institutional excellence and a means to attaining health equity. As a result, our diversity and inclusion efforts are a part of everything we do, from education, to clinical care, to research, to physician well-being. Diversity and inclusion permeates our educational and clinical initiatives. We have set a goal to make sure every one of our physicians receives training on how to deliver high quality, culturally competent care. Our recent educational areas of focus have been on social determinants of health, community engagement and developing a medical-legal partnership for our physicians-in-training. One of our many strengths is our diverse patient population and our expectation is that our diverse patient populations receive equitable care, irrespective of who they are. As a result, we continually recruit a diverse physician workforce to meet the needs of our diverse patients.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Physicians are employed through Northwell Health Physician Partners, one of the largest medical groups in the country.
Apply for Per Diem Neonatal Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.